CELEBERATING WOMEN

All day, every day, around the world a more gender-balanced world is being forged. From grassroots awareness raising to highly visible campaigns with impact, gender parity is being forged. It’s safe to say that recent years have been interesting for gender equality by all accounts. rom #MeToo and #TimesUp, which took the world by storm, to Frances McDormand going all guns blazing with her speech at this year’s Oscars — the voices that demand gender equality are getting louder than ever. Women’s day is not only about gender equality or taking action, it is also about breaking stereotypes and empowering each other to celebrate the diverse world we live in today.

So, here I am today, to tell you about the women that have inspired me!

To kick it off, MY MOM!

My mom is the strongest women I know in my life. She has been working since her university graduation and still provides for her home will an open heart. She will buy me and my two other siblings anything we say or lay a hand on – believe me, ANYHING! She is a physics teacher who inspires her students every day to reach their goals and her colleagues because of her immense hard work. She will let down her own desires to accommodate those close to her heart. She worries a lot but that’s just mom’s nature, isn’t it?




Moving on, my aunt.

My aunt is young, ambitious and the most patient person I know. Her life changed some years ago when her husband passed away, leaving her with two young daughters who had to yet get through high school. At that point of time, instead of swirling into a hole of darkness, she managed to pick herself in a way that is impossible for some people. Today, she is a successful doctor, who provides for her daughters, mom and herself with an open heart.


I would stand by these two women my entire life. We have often seen challenges for women in working industries, especially creative, but I support that the women in my life earn on their own terms through teaching and bringing happiness.

Moving out of the people I know circle; I am hugely inspired by ‘Emma Watson’. If you are a 90’s kid, you have seen her grow in front of your eyes into the independent and strong-willed woman she is today. At 29 years of age, she has achieved great success and had become a strong influential person. Some of her sayings resonate with me on another level like, ‘don’t feel stupid if you don’t like what everyone else pretends to be love’, ‘feeling beautiful has nothing to do with what you look like’ and last but not least, ‘I don’t want other people to decide what I am. I want to do that for myself.’ Recently in one of her speeches, she said, ‘don’t think you need branded things every time, what you need is to provide for your family.’ This is stuck in my head ever since! 


There are many more than can be listed when talking about strong women in all categories you can think of. They may also keep changing as the years pass. But family is family, and strong willed women who dare to stand equal to men will always keep rising, overcoming any hurdles thrown at them. I wish to be surrounded by such women every day and ever year.

Who is your inspiration this women’s day?

Comments

Popular Posts