FRIDAY GRATITUDE

In the last two years of my life, I have learned that there is always something to be grateful for. 

Practicing gratitude can make you more resilient to challenges and enhances positive emotions of joy and happiness. Some research shows that practicing gratitude frequently can improve physical and mental health. 

I am talking about this today because of something my grand-ma said the other day. I love her to the moon and back. But after listening to her for an hour, I realized how ungrateful people can become in their lives (this is not directed towards her, it can be anyone)

And I am as guilty of this as any other person on earth. I study abroad, get to meet new people, get to go anywhere and eat whatever I like, get to buy myself whatever I like yet, there are moments where I find myself envying my friends who are in some other place of the world or getting married and settling down or friends who have a stable good job. 

That is when I force myself to pause and think - Throughout our days, we run after money and people and forget the little things we are blessed with. They didn't get to study abroad, they didn't get to experience a lot of the things I did, I can go out and grab a drink without even thinking and there are people who do not have the luxury to even think about that. 
                                                     
Taking just 5 min from my day and sitting to think about these things keeps me grounded and at peace. There are people who are lower than us and higher than us. People who are lower look at us and envy us, people who are higher look at us like nothing. It all depends which direction and how we choose to look at a situation. 

So, after a long study and work week, today I am grateful for:
1. A good busy work week. I revamped my skills and got to learn new things. 
2. Actually starting my blog and sticking to it.
3. Getting to do my masters
4. (and most of all) my family and friends who are all happy and well. 

                                                             
In a hand full of days it will be August and then December, make some memories, gain some new experiences and cherish them.


HAPPY FRIDAY YA'LL. 
GO HAVE FUN THIS WEEKEND!

…XOXO…

Show some love
Instagram: livingwithmanahil
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/manahil199/



Comments

Popular Posts