2D PINK

2D cafe was a place I saw while randomly roaming around in my neighborhood. At that point of time, It was still getting painted and ready to open. I remember being suddenly wide eyed and excited just looking at some painted part of it. Immediately, I told my friend 'let's come here one day, it looks enticing'. Then many other life things came in the way and we didn't end up going until this week, on the second day of Eid-al-Adha. 
I have to come to realize that my wardrobe has a lot of 'pink' in it. From baby pink to shocking pink to carrot pink - you name it, I have it - all shades. I don't have a lot of plain shirts, like a basic black or white tee; but I do have a pink one that I wear all too often. It was a gift so I don't know where it's from.


It has a nice V neck with some ruffle details on the shoulders and a subtle  laid down collar. You can tuck it in or not, wear it with a black, jean or colorful skirt as well. Its plain and simple, which gives the opportunity to style it in many ways. I have worn it in two ways here.



1st look: Since it was Eid, I chose to pair it with black ripped jeans, a two layered choker and some strapped dark maroon pumps. I chose to leave off earrings because I was wearing a choker and wanted to keep the overall look minimal with focus on the pop of color. I don't really wear a lot of make-up, so I kept it simple with some kajal (Maybelline Colossal Kajal) and a toned down pink lip (essence cosmetics).

2nd look: It was a causal shopping and catching up day out. I paired it with a dark blue ripped jeans which has frill details at the bottom (I love this jeans). I didn't wear any accessories with this because it was going to be a long humid day. I wore the same strapped shoes with this look as well. I put on some subtle plum shine lip (DXN) and voilĂ .

These outfits are easy to put together as they revolve around one basic piece of clothing. A great pair plain colored shirt is a great staple to have in your wardrobe.

How do you guys style your staples?

…XOXO…

Show some love

Instagram: living with Manahil

Pinterest: living with Manahil

Comments

Popular Posts