EID ESSENTIALS

It’s been almost 5 years I have been living in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – away from my family. I have spent many occasions here, from new years to birthdays to Ramadan and finally Eid. I have missed spending all this time with my family and friends. Even though I had loads of friends during my Bachelor degree days, we never ending up celebrating Eid like I did back home. It was all jeans and new shirts and not desi clothes, chooriyan (bangles) and mehendi (aka henna).  

I have been rebuilding myself, so this year I decided to put some effort into getting ready for Eid-ul-Fitr. I did all the pampering stuff I do (masks, blow dry etc.) on chaand raat and went out for ice creams with my friends. I got my henna done and dressed up nicely with all my desi stuff (bangles and earrings) to go have a nice lunch and spend some quality time with my lovelies.
This practice made me realize how much I missed dressing up on Eid and just going out to feel the holiday spirit. 

Now that Eid-ul-Adha is back again, I wanted to create a list of the things I want to do on this Eid similar to those I did back home. 

Here are some things on my list:

P.S. No mehendi this Eid because I can’t seem to find any.

…XOXO…
Show some love
Instagram: living with Manahil
Pinterest: living with Manahil

Comments

Popular Posts