LITTLE ACHIEVEMENT


HI! 
I am Manahil and I am doing Master of communication from Taylor's University in Malaysia. 
I started my masters journey in September 2017. My course was mixed mode (both coursework and research). After graduating Bachelor's, I missed studying. I missed having conversations with people on topics and end up thinking that would make such a good research topic.

I did not really know what I was getting myself into when I opted for the Mixed Mode option. I could have just went with coursework and finished off with classes and assignments. 

Everyone kept telling me to get some experience before diving into postgraduate studies. But my parents have done research themselves in masters, suggested that I pursue a research based path. Being a good Pakistani daughter, I listened. I also recognized the importance of research in many ways to my life and knowledge.

The first two semesters went smooth. A lot of reading and a lot of proposal ideas. Yet, when it came down to start my actual research project, I realized I did not want to pursue any of my proposed ideas from precious modules.

So I came up with a new one and started my research. What I did not know was how challenging this research process could be. I can be a very perfect person sometimes, I need things to be done a certain way, especially when I am doing them while on the other hand there are times I couldn't care less. My masters research journey was exactly this. There were many times I was clueless as to what I was doing or what I was supposed to do next. 


A lot of ups and downs. From I chose this to WHAT in the world am I doing. From my proposal defense to a post-graduate colloquium and FINALLY my MASTERS VIVA!
This Monday (24/7/2019), with shivering hands, all the nerves and an hour Q&A session, I PASSED my viva! 

I planned on writing what I learned from my Masters journey. But even two days later, I am still just happy and grateful about the PASS. So that became a topic for some other time.


Here is ME being happy about it!
…XOXO…

P.S. show some love
Instagram: livingwithmanahil
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/manahil199/

Comments

Popular Posts