DAILY STRUGGLES OF AN INDECISIVE GIRL


There are seven words that, when combined and posed as a question, can stir up such massive indecisiveness: "What do you want for dinner tonight?" Hopefully, some of you had a laugh after reading this. But this was to clearly tell you that some people have more challenges with decision-making than others.
I struggle badly with indecision. Quite often, trying to make the right choices on a daily basis hurts my brain and leads to bursts of crying and annoyance. When just picking an outfit in the morning is an uphill battle, thinking about major life decisions is like climbing Everest. If any of the following struggles apply to you, just know you’re in good company:


Deciding what and where to eat feels impossible.
Choosing a restaurant for oneself is already a struggle, on top of that, indecisive people like ME recline more towards pleasing the other person (if it’s a group dinner). it can be a perpetual ping pong game with each person repeatedly replying, “I don’t know. What do you want?”. Moreover, having a three-page menu staring you in the face is cruelty. No matter what I pick, the food anguish is literally an endless nightmare.



Deciding what to wear is a hard choice.
I struggle with this on a daily basis – morning and evening. I can have the whole outfit planned the night before yet wake up in the morning and hate everything I own pretty quickly. Its either Nothing looks quite right, or nothing works for the occasion. What I end up doing, is trying on a bunch of clothes, getting tired of the trials, FINALLY choose what I like, and then try it on one more time before any decisions are reached. It’s a tedious business you guys!



Shopping!
It doesn’t matter what I’m buying, I’m still going to weigh out every option for hours. Even something as simple as new toothpaste requires comparisons – clothes and shoes or electronics are a whole different story! Luckily, I am a financially savvy person, so the price comparisons pass by pretty fast. Once decided on which item I am going to get, there’s a good chance that I’m going to leave it at the counter or regret it as soon as I get home.



Major life decisions are agonizing.
This is the worst! Constantly racking your brain trying to decide which school to go to, which career path to take, where to live, and what type of guy to marry are mildly terrifying. Even when and if you do decide, you’ll probably wonder if you’ve made the right choice, and begin all over again.
I chose to write this today because of a recent life event that left me in tears and migraines because I simply couldn’t decide. As a master’s graduate, there’s an immense pressure of getting a job and having a stable career, however, my life is taking is full of twits and turns at the moment; making every small or big decision a hike over a rocky mountain. OH, HOW REAL THE STRUGGLE IS!

...XOXO...

Comments

Popular Posts