GET ORGANISED

There are so many ways of organizing and figuring out a list of things that you need to achieve for being organized is the key element of being calm and have a more balanced life. Personally, I believe organizing is incredibly therapeutic. It seems exhausting, but the result is so satisfying. It is automatically less stressful when the place around you is orderly and clean. As a student, I have been living in a dorm or a room in a shared apartment for almost 5 years now and I like to believe that I have figured out several things that help me stay orderly and organized. Here are some ways for all the students out there that need some order in their life.
1.       Start a planner
I know what you are thinking ‘this again?!’ I can’t do this!’. But hey, listen up! If you really want to stay organised. Get yourself a good planner that not only for appointments and schedules. It can be a habit tracker, events, academic plans and so much more. 
Another way is go digital! Make use of the google calendar or iPhone calendar and so many more apps out there. I recently started using these and it was my holy grail!
2.       Write down everything
This is necessary, especially for students! We have so much going on in our heads that sometimes it becomes impossible to handle that. So write in down with a pen and paper or digitally. Make a list of tasks, reminder, events and leisure activities. 
3.       Declutter your purse/wallet every week
Don’t even get me started on the amount of receipts and stuff that I have in my purse and wallet. Eating out and shopping can take a toll on them. So clean that up every week, you’ll be surprised at how many ‘oh that’s where it went’ will pop up.
4.       Set specific dates for tasks each week
Since I started my masters and working at the same time. Setting days and dates for tasks has been my saving. I have days set out for extensive self-care, laundry, meal prep etc. This way your routine will develop, and things will be much smoother. 
5.       Declutter/sort the closet
I HATE cluttered closets. It makes me anxious, but that’s just me. I like my clothes nicely hung and folded so I can see them easier. Having a nicely settles closet will give you a nice start of the day. You don’t have to do this every day, just do it when you stop seeing the clothes at the bottom of the folded pile. 
6.       Always wash the dishes before going to bed
I HATE washing dishes. But lately, a clean kitchen satisfies me. Even if I start cooking in the morning for breakfast/lunch and don’t do the dishes after that; I make sure that before going to bed (be it 12.30am) I clean my dishes and kitchen so that when you wake up in the morning – it’s a fresh start!
7.       Declutter files on your computer
This triggers my anxiety. As a multimedia student and with my master’s research, the number of articles and files on my desktop can be overwhelming. So, I often find some hours in one day for just sorting my files and folders. It will increase your productivity. 
8.       Always make your bed in the morning
I’m always hurrying the morning for either classes or office. I didn’t make my bed for a week and quickly realised how low I feel when I return home. Now, I make sure that I clean up my bed even if I am running late. It keeps me sorted when I get back to a clean bed. 
9.       Plan short/long term future goals
I know a lot of people like to be spontaneous and might not believe in this. However, planning your future helps to organize your decisions and schedules. It makes you work towards them (even with tiny steps) and keeps you motivated. 
10.   Spend some time cleaning your space every week
Just one to two hours a week or half an hour a day can make all the difference. freshly cleaned space gives a new motivation and clear mind-set. Keep everything at its place and dust those surfaces. Then sit and enjoy a movie in a nice tidy place.

You don’t have to be overwhelmed with the things here. Just grab one or more and try to incorporate it into your daily lives. Once you see the difference, other points will automatically follow. 




 ...XOXO...

Comments

Popular Posts